Monday, July 1, 2013

Acai bowl

A couple of days ago I decided to finally try this recipe that I found a while back. It's been unusually hot in California these last couple of days so a refreshing and delicious Acai bowl is the perfect snack to beat the heat. We had it for breakfast, but it will also do well as a substitute for ice cream, or as an afternoon snack. Whatever you like!





























So, what is Acai? It is a berry from the Amazon rainforest, and it contains a lot of good stuff, such as iron, omega fatty acids, and it has higher antioxidant levels than blueberries! 
I used this recipe and it turned out very delicious. Next time I think I will add a little lemon juice. Feel free to play around with it and use your favorite frozen fruit. We had it with sliced banana, granola and cocoa nibs, and I can really, really recommend to serve it with cocoa nibs. It gave it a bit of chocolaty taste which I like.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...